Recipe to Riches – Your recipe could make you rich!
Got a recipe people rave over? Think your dish is worthy of $25,000? Think your dish is tasty enough to be sold in the grocery store? Enjoy reality TV? If you said “yes” to any of these questions than the Food Network has a show for you!
Temple Street Productions, producers of Canada’s Next Top Model, and Shaw Communications Inc. have joined forces for a new reality show – Recipe to Riches. This is a chance for Canadians to show off their tastiest dishes in one of seven categories:
- Sweet & Savoury Snacks (including squares, bars, cookies, tarts, clusters, brittle and crisps)
- Cakes (including cheesecakes)
- Sweet Pies (including cobblers, crisps and crumbles)
- Savoury Pies (including shepherd’s pie, meat pies, pizza)
- Entrées (freezable)
- Frozen Treats (including ice cream, sorbet, gelato)
The winners in each category will win $25,000 cash and have their recipe developed into a President’s Choice brand product sold in various grocery stores.
Think you’ve got what it takes? Auditions are being held February 2011 in Halifax, Vancouver, Montreal and Toronto. The series is set to air in the Fall 2011 and will be hosted by former the Bachelor star Jesse Palmer.