Victoria, British Columbia
Rachel was born and raised in Victoria, BC and graduated from the University of Victoria secure in the knowledge that she didn’t actually want to be a Sociologist, Historian or Accountant (yeah, she was there for a while).
While weaving her way through school, she spent 12 years slaving away in the food/beverage and tourism industries before entering the world of business. For the last 3 years, she has helped small business entrepreneurs in BC get their ideas off the ground.
All of this experience has lead to a couple of inevitable character flaws: she is an “I need coffee immediately” connoisseur, a “let’s do lunch” restaurant expert and an absolute stickler for customer service excellence, no matter what the occasion. She also developed an incurable writing habit in order to document her trials and travels.
When she isn’t mapping out weekly coffee and lunch schedules around Greater Victoria, she can be found driving down the west coast sampling local diners, or driving across North America searching out interesting (and safe) truck stops. A couple of times a year, you can also find her in Florida, celebrating life with family and amazing Southern BBQ you have to taste to believe (and yes, she claims that Alligator tastes just like chicken).
- A giveaway! What Colour do you feel today? December 20, 2010
- You’re not going to eat that are you? November 13, 2010
- Are you on drugs? October 31, 2010
- Cafe Mexico: “When You’re Hungry For Fun!” November 19, 2010
- Whipped Shortbread December 14, 2010
- Cocktails; “Made with Love” April 18, 2011
- Quebec City: Canadian Culinary Legacy October 28, 2010
- Its Gluten-free and Easy: Going Gluten-free November 11, 2010
- Soup Stock 101 November 25, 2010
- Ontario Craft Beer: A Personal Journey December 28, 2010
- Québécois Quality: Brasserie Artisanale Dieu du Ciel February 22, 2011
- How Do You Spell Perogie? February 11, 2011
- Turkey Soup 101 October 30, 2010
- Hosting a cookie swap November 12, 2010
- Your Essential Home Bar: Getting Started November 2, 2010
- DunnEnzies Pizza Company November 19, 2013
- Seafood For Thought™ Fundraising Event June 10, 2013
- An Appetite for Success: The Tasty Business of Food Trucks October 2, 2012
- Get Savoury, Spicy, and Sweet at the 2nd Annual James Barber Fundraiser September 10, 2012
- Aimez-vous la Poutine? July 17, 2012
- Victoria Food Bloggers Potluck June 25, 2012
- Out on the Left Coast May 24, 2012
- Wild Garlic Time in Ontario May 1, 2012
- Tarragon Pesto March 23, 2012
- $100 Hotdog?!?!? March 19, 2012
- Returning to Tigh-Na-Mara’s Cedar Room February 21, 2012
- Kitchen Travel Kit February 7, 2012
- Fireside Grill Victoria BC January 19, 2012
- My Top 10 Favourite Food for Winter 2012 January 4, 2012
- The 10 best new restaurants in Canada December 30, 2011
- Lisa Ballinger: What about the Gardens at HCP they have a new Pavi...
- Lucyrena: I love this soup so much I am online, on the other...
- Cgagne: for bridget: very simple to make. this is how i d...
- c.gagne: actually , google has it that the name was given t...
- Lilmillwright: Do I make the soup first and then freeze it or do ...
- Jaime: Hi Glen, You have to let them totally cool before ...
- Mary: These work beautifully in my cookie press for shap...
- Glen Edwards: I made these today. Not sure what happened, but ...
- Mash 9: This is the best recipe I have made for whipped sh...
- Donna Hafichuk: This was the recipe I have been looking for...the ...
- C_ayu: I really would like to make the fish cakes. Howeve...
- Jo Ann Hennigar: Hi Deb - no, I have never had a problem importing...
- Eatdrinkvictoria: I agree with you... I LOVE Fireside Grill! It's on...
- Artbyjolla: Where can I buy the bulbs of wild garlic in Toront...
- Kissmyass: Do us a favor sue and keep your fat ass at home...
Photos on Flickr
- Jo Ann Baptiste Hennigar (17)
- Kristy Kulyk (22)
- Rachel Perkins (11)
- Kaylea McCarron (7)
- Nadine Denault (11)
- Katharine Holmes (9)
- Janice Mansfield (6)
- Jaime Wilson (8)
- The GastroGnome (6)
- Shelagh Duffett (5)
- Emily Wight (4)
- Paul Holmes (2)
- Peter Johnson & Jan Young (2)
- Tara Zajac (2)
- Jen (2)
- Dee Brun (1)
- Matthew Rissling (2)
- Alexander J. Yolevski (1)
- Aimée White (1)
- AJ aka VIHippieChick (7)
- Jody Glanzer (4)
- Anthony Sanna (3)
- Kaitlin Wainwright (2)
- Michelle Whitehead (1)
- Joanne Lusted (1)
- Don of foodiePrints Chow (1)
- Terri Davies (3)